Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Csquare Learnings-Student Feedback-GMAT Score 730

Ashok Verma-730

My journey of GMAT preparation started last year when I had these Official guides lying all around in my bedroom. Initially I knew I can crack GMAT on my own and with this mind set I started my preparation. I prepared for a month and like a typical test taker went on to take a couple of tests to analyze my performance. I faired bad and ended up with 500s. At this point of time I realized that GMAT is not just about practice and patience but the strategies to crack the exam also matters a lot.  


I searched for a couple of GMAT training institutes and zeroed on Csquare because of the level of knowledge they had about GMAT compared to other institutes and I must say I didn’t take a wrong decision ;)

My initial months of Classroom sessions were an eye opener wherein I NOT ONLY learnt the right strategies to crack this monstrous GMAT BUT ALSO (correct usage of idioms:) ) learnt the right perspective you need to have while writing this exam that can only be taught at Csquare. I really owe a lot to my trainer, Varsha, for the efforts that she has put in right from explaining the strategies again n again to sitting down with students individually to improve their score. I must say if it was not for the impositions that I got I would have not improved on my CR and DS. Once I started taking the prep tests I could see my confidence levels raise. I saw a 610 on my prep test and that’s when I knew I have to work harder. On an average I gave about 7-8 hours of study and took a break from work 10 days before the exam. The motivation that I always received from Varsha was commendable that pushed me to perform better and stretch that extra mile to get a 700+.

On the D-day I knew this was DO or DIE for me but didn’t let my emotions dictate my exam. Math was comfortably completed and as per I remember I skipped about a couple of questions that seemed weird to me. Somewhere or the other I knew Math was not very bad. Now I have to keep my cool on Verbal. Well verbal was little tougher than my practice tests but nevertheless I managed to finish it on time. I swear guys those few minutes after submitting the test and before getting the final score was the longest moment of my life (no exaggeration). I am elated to receive a 730!! Yes I had done it and that’s why I said I did not take a wrong decision to Join Csquare.

Lastly wana say I really believe this exam is lot about patience and endurance. Everyone needs to practice as much as possible to achieve their dream score and ofcourse follow all the CSQRL strategies. Thanks to Varsha and her team for making it possible for me.


Cheers to all....and Besto!!



Ashok Verma